Sunday, October 31, 2010

Does Gooder Grammar Double Sales?

Have you ever received an email that started like this:

"I would like to apply for you're help I know my mail to you be suprising at all but it's not a mistake because I believe them seeking riches will find each other and I want to transfer the sum at $TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS immediately to a bank their in your name"

The grammar is pretty bad and that makes it an obvious scam. Now what do your site visitors think when they read your sales page, or your information product? Have you proofread that PLR or MRR product before offering it for re-sale? It may be damaging your reputation or your sales letter could be costing you sales.

Even if the grammar errors on your sales material are not as bad as the example, a single serious error can cost you money.

I received an email recently with this subject from a well known marketer:

"Sell your products too there competitor's to make real money"

And, I asked myself what does that mean? It means nothing. Is the sender serious? Three major errors in the subject and they want me to buy their latest $47 product. They don't care enough to even proofread the email they are sending me so how much effort could they possibly have put into the product itself? Do you think I bought their product? I never even bothered to read the sales letter. If they put so little effort into the most important part of their sales campaign, the first point of contact, then I had no interest in anything else they had to say.

I purchased another product about making money using AdWords. The sales page sounded good so I bought their $47 eBook. Every paragraph had a grammatical error. I thought "this guy is a moron, I am never buying anything else from him." And I never did buy anything else from him. Any value the information may have had was tainted by the grammar errors that kept hitting me over the head. I still receive his emails trying to sell me his latest product but I simply don't care. I have already identified him as someone who has nothing intelligent to offer me so I will never give him another penny. It does not matter how good his offer is, how cheap his price is, I now question his understanding and knowledge. If he could not proofread his ebook before offering it for sale, then how reliable is the information in it? You see, this Internet marketer just lost a customer for life because he sent out an ebook, one I paid $47 for, filled with grammar errors. I don't trust him and nothing he says will change that.

People judge you by the grammar you use. If you sound like an idiot, people will assume you are an idiot.

Mistakes like that cost you money! One grammar mistake = $200 a day in lost profits. That is what one of my consulting clients found out the hard way. He had a site that had all the right information. It had a strong headline, all the benefits, testimonials, a call to action. He even had a good product, but no one was buying. He only had a trickle of sales coming in. He asked me to review his sales page and I immediately saw the problem. It had three major grammar errors in the first paragraph. I don't hold back when I give paid advice so I told him the truth. His page sucked! I would never buy from him and neither did anyone else when they saw those obvious errors. The ugly grammar errors on his page made him and his product look shady. No one trusted him and no one would buy from him. When he fixed those three big errors, and a few minor ones, his sales shot up.
louis vuitton sale
gucci outlet
burberry
uggs outlet

No comments:

Post a Comment