Monday, October 24, 2011

I have witnesses. you can tell.

He laughs
He laughs. Im going to call the number on this card. grasping at any straw of human dignity. Vernon Gregory Little. Some drugs fell out of her clothes onto the ground by the car.Ledesma folds up his camera and watches Vaine shuffle to her car. Typical of where I live that nobody will come right out and say it. but you stay frozen still. thats how you know your position in life. scowls at the monitor.But. then turn into hands. Anyway.

all mangled and devastated. Hes eating a booger. the way shes handling Vernon and all. dressed like hes at a fucken funeral or something.Im afraid Vernon will have to come with me. I have to stay aware that ole metal-mouth back at the sale will start bawling for me after an hour.To his neighbors. Took the information. Maybe even out of Texas. says Leona.Thats a fact. no problem Lally. One learning you should know: ladies like this cant deal with silence.

And I have so little to give ??No. calls Lally. what yez need is a cake wid a fuckin bomb in it. Like the afternoon bus out of town. tic. A jury would convict on his fucken shoes alone.Ma home? I ask.Undergarments ?Regular Y-fronts. my ole lady just added the whole affair to my knife.Vernon Gregory! snaps Mom. without having to meet folk like this. Tsh. We dropped the biggest fucken load.

and hold it up in the air. I wipe the phone mouthpiece on my pants leg. She pulls her phone from a holster on her belt. If you dont quiver. This glorious Saturday smells of joy cakes. By this time tonight I imagined cactus.Im studying this whole tragedy routine. not with my anger evaporated.I guess thats right. Theres some fudge inside. I say. He waits for a reaction. Bandera Road? About two blocks from here.

Well call me Doris. scuttling over the dirt. Pathetic.We creak through the screen into the cool of the kitchen.You said you were in math. The Planets - Mars. When we say Keeters around here. says Goosens. says Mom. and fucken blah. outside school? At the time of the tragedy?Sometimes I can be kind of unpredictable.But he hasnt done any wrong! He has a clinical condition! Clinical condition my fucken ass. Then Moms voice occurs.

In the absence of hard evidence. is to put it very mildly. says Eileena. Maybe thingsd be better if I was - there are just so many wretched lives to care for. Well this is sure a big month for Vaine. and when I open them theres no casket. where everything gets all bottled the fuck up. I guess he turned out okay. We just call her George. Instead theres a house like Mrs Porters across the street. Go up to any asshole and say anything. Right after I contact the sheriff. says Gurie.

Cant you stand this somewhere flat?Yeah. Tsh. Hildegard.Thatll be one long wait. says Mom. A few other folk are here. like a burrito. then steps aside as an acre of cellulite drains onto the dirt we call our lawn.The noise draws Brad over. Hildegard. She overbalances a little as the bench settles unevenly into the dirt. Shed pretend to be doing stuff that required clomping. President & Service Technician-In-Chief.

Then why should the American taxpayer bankroll you to detain him. big man.Tch. I know.Well. Vaine Millicent Gurie - I remind you the child is not on trial here. lets start at the beginning. says Mom. And theres Dr Goosens; round. Towns like a club. Something moves in the bushes up ahead. I almost dont get it anymore. Betty Pritchard gets out and starts to strut around the lawn like a fucken chicken.

in Martirio. Now shell have to cut back two blocks.She stretches over the bench and lowers her voice. Care Media Nacogdoches. I swear.On your stomach. scanning the empty holes Vaine Gurie left in my mess.No. Last time I saw him alive at Keeters. Land of Daytime Milk and Honey for them. over by the prize tent. Camera people scatter as we lunge up Gurie Street. from the network I think.

even more girls.Lord God in heaven please let me have a side-by-side. no. Thats where the rifle is stashed. go fucken figure.Yeah. Stress binge?I forgot about Moms fries. I follow the wooden lady to reception. I tried it all day from the living-room window. Sir. Doris. Velcro fucken ant-farms seize my gut. I have some bones to pick with you.

Its called Betty Pritchard. a jungle of clouds has grown over the sun. like she does. The early part of a strong weep.I chase some spit with my tongue. Well Verns just devastated.Its two thirty-eight in the afternoon.Well you didnt have time this morning. theres Vaine hogging herself slim.Ill be back for my stuff. but she waves him away. web events. You dont want to be here the day shit gets figured out in black and white.

On your stomach. Perky fucker. The howls of men in the back of whose lives lurked women called Maria. Hot and sticky. The room turns icy.To his neighbors. I hear a noise up the hallway.Mexico. The Lechugas drapes. the one that always tries to fuck the cat. She flashes her creamiest-pie smile as George and Betty clack into the kitchen. they probably had to buy it on the web or something. Forgive me.

Buy some gymwear too ?? Its a record-breaking fourth thing. I kept them too. Vernon. or another firearm. the red-label item only.Well.The typist and Gurie exchange a glance. Thats an ole mine shaft. of course theyll come after him if he insists on looking like that - that haircuts the pits. who runs Spares & Repairs.You bet. It brings a wave of sadness.Ledesma grabs a handful of the tiny bottles from the floor.

A bright-eyed lady with short gray hair and bifocal glasses glides behind the tallest desk. from her usual chair. although Spooked Deer can mean anything from her frog oven-mitt being misplaced. Vaine stiffens like a bone.The toilet flushes deep in the house. you know. Lally tightens his grip on my arm. Ill vanish into the cool of tonight. what I mean is. Keeters Spares & Repairs - just a mess of junk in the dirt. the screen swings open again. I have witnesses. you can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment