Tuesday, May 10, 2011

He was a big smart tall boy to be in the granatieri.

 You are a dear
 You are a dear. With a sabre cut. Tenente Gavuzzi asked.Of course some of the bonds were not accounted for but the priest had all of the three per cent bonds and several local obligations. the major said. that the office opened on. It is one for The Lancet. I said. What hit youMe. He was sitting up beside one of the brick walls. Then I will take him with my first load.Splendid.

 Theres not really any war of that sort down here. Everybody was in the dugouts.Why dont you ride with the transport I asked. His legs are very painful. He came back with a handful of roasted coffee beans. He ought to be able to do something. Oh you should see what I did in the removal of three metres of small intestine and better now than ever. He stopped and sat down beside the road. Dont be a bloody hero. Ill take it very easily.The next afternoon I went to call on Miss Barkley again. Theres no place to drop it.

 At the first battle you all run.Thats what the priest said. I like him.He should have fine girls. Ive seen the holes. Stop it. There is no finish to a war.No. It was a nuisance to have them there but it was a comfort that they were no bigger. The Austrian army was created to give Napoleon victories; any Napoleon. falling and the soldiers marching and afterward the road bare and white except for the leaves. It was a hot day and there were many flies in the room.

 Thank you very much. whether or not things were obtainable.All right.Arent you a nurseOh. spilled the thin gold chain together and put it all in my breast pocket.I wanted to kiss her. I felt the engine start. If you must have a priest have that priest. They were going to put over another bridge when the bombardment started and some troops were to cross at the shallows up above at the bend of the river.I have brought him in.Yes. Gordini said.

 the trees along the road had small leaves and a breeze came from the sea. There was one fine cemetery thoughthe one at Pisa. There was a great splashing and I saw the star shells go up and burst and float whitely and rockets going up and heard the bombs.Goodnight. the steel helmet on the same peg. My God what would a man do with a woman like that except worship her What else is an Englishwoman good forYou are an ignorant foulmouthed dago.Shes Scotch. Nobody was in sight. Name he asked softly.Saint Anthony asked the driver.The priest was young and blushed easily and wore a uniform like the rest of us but with a cross in dark red velvet above the left breast pocket of his gray tunic.And the priest was locked up.

 Gavuzzi handed me the basin of macaroni. Drink that.You are ignorant. he straightened up. I saw that word pricked him and kept on.Yes. went to call on Miss Barkley. Poor dear baby.This is the third day. Where have you beenIve been out on post. After I was wounded I never found him. A V.

I think we can get you the silver. with many tastes alike. and with the end of the summer.I didnt know about anything then.I would like to go with you and show you things. as the road mounted along the ridge. all this in a moment. You may come and see her after seven oclock if you wish.Yes. In the dark I could not see where it came from the canvas overhead. Bassi said no that was no test because he had already drunk twice as much as I. Carabinieri shot them.

 Would you like a drink of brandy How did you run into this thing anyway What were you trying to do Commit suicide Antitetanus please. loosely packed cigarettes that spilled tobacco and needed to have the ends twisted before you smoked them.Were almost up.The driver came out of the door with the papers for the wounded in the car.Poor Rinaldi.There are no forks.Of course some of the bonds were not accounted for but the priest had all of the three per cent bonds and several local obligations. ha! he said.No.I took off my tunic and shirt and washed in the cold water in the basin. the major said. said Rinaldi.

She was unclasping something from her neck. Its twice as big as it was this morning. with the sun on it. She waved again and then I was out of the driveway and climbing up into the seat of the ambulance and we started.And why didnt you marryI dont know.She looked at me. baby. I said. I remember having a silly idea he might come to the hospital where I was. said Passini and spat on the floor. are youNo. You were liable to arrest if you did not have one worn in plain sight.

 Two men were lifting the hernia man to put him in.Bassi wins. That made the bed damp and cool.Whats the matterHe looked at me. Incurred in the line of duty. an officer directing the light and the crew scared. The stream kept on.And the priest was locked up. Could I join nowIm afraid not now. It was a hot day and the sky was very bright and blue and the road was white and dusty. and with the end of the summer.Porta feriti I shouted holding my hands cupped.

 You get along very well without me. You get along very well without me. Stupid. spaced by the interval of their dust.I sat in the reception hail of the villa. The war was changed too. the stump of his leg twitching. I breathed and I was back.Shes nice. The little major looked at us furious. It would not finish it if one side stopped fighting. depended to a considerable extent on myself.

I have brought him in. I had met two gunners from that lot. They were top-heavy. It was a hot night and there was a good deal going on up in the mountains. she said. The road was screened because it was in sight of the Austrians across the river.Thats nothing. locked in the trunk. I said. then took a bite of cheese. and healthy. Lots of them would have liked him to be king.

 spaced by the interval of their dust.The Italians didnt want women so near the front. go to hell. One is dead. said the priest. Her hand had hit my nose and eyes. Now he was bandaging. You are a frozenfaced . didnt youYes. I said. It has been put back again. there was snow on the guns and there were paths in the snow going back to the latrines behind trenches.

Here is the corkscrew. He laughed. That major at the first post was a hogbutcher. There is no finish to a war.Poor man. As soon as I got to the dressing station Manera brought a medical sergeant out and he put bandages on both my legs. We go whorehouse before it shuts.Im perfectly all right. You will like it. Dont you want us never to attackNo. I leaned forward in the dark to kiss her and there was a sharp stinging flash. He was a big smart tall boy to be in the granatieri.

No comments:

Post a Comment