Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Where were the Hartz Mountains anyway They were fighting in the Carpathians.

 Next week the war starts again
 Next week the war starts again. I looked across the wire at the Austrian lines. baby. far below. At the gate of the driveway that led up to the British villa. I stood up. Youve had it before. They lifted me and the blanket flap went across my face as we went out. The pain hasnt started yet. seeing it all ahead like the moves in a chess game. I looked back and saw the three cars all climbing. Then he was quiet.

I can come here though.Where were the Hartz Mountains anyway They were fighting in the Carpathians.I went out to look at the cars and see what was going on and then came back and sat down in the dugout with the four drivers. There were some British batteries up with the third army. He broke off.5 mm. Aldo.Just as you like. I sat now in the chair and an orderly of some sort looked at me disapprovingly from behind a desk while I looked at the marble floor. Ill paint all this and Does that sting Good. They blew him all to bits.They were all eating.

 Uninformed. If youve got a fracture you dont want inflammation. Dear Catherine. Where did you go and what did you do Tell me everything at once. Ill paint all this and Does that sting Good. I helped him down. They all ask for you. It was a hot day and the sky was very bright and blue and the road was white and dusty. he said in Italian. and then there were mountains far off beyond all these that you could hardly tell if you really saw. the captain said. He started the car.

All right. I put thumb and fingers into the macaroni and lifted. Manera finished. I looked back and saw the three cars all climbing. the orderly said. We do not like the English. said Manera. she said. There were racks of rockets standing to be touched off to call for help from the artillery or to signal with if the telephone wires were cut. . The Austrian trenches were above on the hillside only a few yards from the Italian lines.Here.

 I said. You may come and see her after seven oclock if you wish. I tried to move but I could not move. I was riding in the first car and as we passed the entry to the British hospital I told the driver to stop.Goodnight. The mechanics were working on one out in the yard. said Miss Ferguson.Have you ever loved any oneNo. I will get you a copy.I will send Miss Barkley. We drove slowly in this matting covered tunnel and came out onto a bare cleared space where the railway station had been.Passinis dead.

I ate the end of my piece of cheese and took a swallow of wine. The fields were green and there were small green shoots on the vines.How do you do Miss Barkley said. They were a real mask. He woke when he heard me in the room and sat up.We looked at each other in the dark. I would have married him or anything.Thats nothing.Here. I watched them settle on the ceiling. But I thought it would be bad for him. I said.

 They come back for me. I feigned acquaintance.Did they scare you. Tenente. The captain was having a great success with finger games. Rinaldi put away the bottle and we went down the stairs. I just tell you.Another night.I will go and see.You have that pleasant air of a dog in heat. It was there that the offensive was to begin. lit it and went on reading.

 sir. I opened the capsule and spilled him out into my hand. My father is a famous hunter. But I am telling it for our priest here. They tell me youre an American. The captain spoke pidgin Italian for my doubtful benefit. There were not enough stretchers. I said.No.Oh. My knee wasnt there.A rivederla.

 There was another stretcher by the side with a man on it whose nose I could see. This was a game. There was fighting in the mountains and at night we could see the flashes from the artillery. I think so. I had drunk much wine and afterward coffee and Strega and I explained. I said.Ill see you in a little while. We went on and passed the regiment about a mile ahead. I had gone to no place where the roads were frozen and hard as iron. said Passini and spat on the floor. His helmet was off and his forehead was bleeding below the hair line. There were troops on this road and motor trucks and mules with mountain guns and as we went down.

 Bacchus barred. he said in Italian. The mechanics were working on one out in the yard. I do sometimes. waxy looking. when you knew that that was all there was.Oh. and my winter boots.Where were the Hartz Mountains anyway They were fighting in the Carpathians.Abbastanza bene.Let me feel it. It did not have anything to do with me.

 sometimes now seeing his face and little long necked body and gray beard like a goats chin tuft; all these with the sudden interiors of houses that had lost a wall through shelling. is a short cut. holding their chins close over the basin.It is a filthy and vile book. A mass loosened.Outside the post a great many of us lay on the ground in the dark.They dont give them like that. one of the other captains said. The earth of the dugout was warm and dry and I let my shoulders back against the wall. I thought she was very beautiful. He looked like a king. I said.

 They would.That way youll be decorated. and then there were mountains far off beyond all these that you could hardly tell if you really saw.It would be fine if you would take the cars.But Scotland is England. he said. I suppose it was mutual tolerance because the Austrians still kept a bridgehead further down the river.Why notThey dont trust us when theres nothing going on.Sit down to it. At the foot of the bed was my flat trunk. They are all without law to protect them. Rocca said.

 Its only a little sometimes. I said. I said. he said. Somebody was singing. We will convert him. He can be here until you are ready to take him. a few freshly washed. The two captains took off their coats. In a moment the blanket in front of the dressing station opened and two stretcherbearers came out followed by the tall Englishman. The doctors were working with their sleeves up to their shoulders and were red as butchers. Rinin.

 I had treated seeing Catherine very lightly. They were big and shy and embarrassed and very appreciative together of anything that happened. Dont you read it. I hope shes not ill. said the lieutenant. I said. I got out and told the driver to go on and that if we had not caught up to them at the junction of the road to Cormons to wait there. I had drunk much wine and afterward coffee and Strega and I explained. you cant kiss me here. There was nothing to write about. Inside I saw the head nurse.Where were the Hartz Mountains anyway They were fighting in the Carpathians.

No comments:

Post a Comment